Saturday, July 7, 2012

Katie

It has been a most excellent month.  Katie, my baby sister, arrived on June 5.  It is so wonderful having my sister here.  It is amazing watching her learn about herself and absorb the world.  I am so proud of her for coming and dealing with a new culture so well.  She has been volunteering at Tionge School just up the road from us.  It is a school for orphans, most of whom have very low reading levels.  She has been working on literacy with them. She has attained favorite aunt status by sharing a bunk bed with Thomas.  After much discussion on the general preference super hero’s have for high places…Thomas consented to take the top bunk.  She has also seen Victoria Falls and been to Botswana where we saw the “Big Five”: hippo, elephant, rhino, lion, cape buffalo.  I get to keep her for one more month before she heads to school.  I am so happy!


 Kat's first day at Tionge.
 Walking Katie to school on the road just outside our house.  Thank you Tom and Ann for my Fijian chetenge (forgot what it is called in Fiji).
The classroom at Tionge school.

Katie going on splits with the sisters...she braved N'gombe compound!

1 comment:

L said...

That is so great that she is able to visit you guys! I'm jealous!