Thursday, January 29, 2009

Belly Dancing in the Cultural Hall


I belly danced in the cultural hall of our stake center yesterday. (Translation in non-mormon: the gym at church) Wow! The last time I even danced at church there were more chaperones than kids. Their sole purpose: to ensure the lack of the precise motions i learned yesterday.
The experience in general was awesome! Mostly because i just loved the irony, and the scarves :) I did not however love chasing thomas around while trying to get my groove on. I especially did not like it when he pounded the instructor's crawling baby's head into the hardwood floor.
It is amazing what 10 years does - i can now belly dance in the cultural hall with the women who may have been my chaperones 10 years ago.

5 comments:

Leah said...

I'm totally jealous.

emily a. said...

So many secrets- I didn't know you belly danced. Was this at a ward activity or what?

Kara said...

I am sad I missed it... or maybe not?? I have a funny picture in my head that makes me smile.

Melody said...

It still makes me laugh to picture us. So funny. Maybe it wouldn't have been as ridiculous if I looked anything like the picture you included with your post. I do have to say that I was a little sore this morning. So sad. And Duncan was fine. I'm sure he wasn't permanently damaged. ;)

Ditto Family said...

Need more details!!