Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sometimes I feel like parenting is a bi-polar experience


Manic: My kids played together for the first time ever... in this box.

Tragic: Thomas sealed Cali up... in this box


Manic: After about two months of teaching three little boys swim lessons every Thursday, Thomas swam on his own.

Tragic: I was making breakfast and Thomas comes in singing, “If you wanna be my lover, you gotta be my friend.” (This is depressing on two levels, one: Thomas was singing the Spice Girls. Two: I apparently sing the Spice Girls unconsciously.)


Manic: Cali waved hello to my mom on skype.

Tragic: I took a huge divot out of her little pink cheek with my nail. So sad.


Manic: Thomas watched the King and I curled up in my lap.

Tragic: In the middle of the film he said, “Mom, when you and Dad die, I will get our new red car, right?”



I just like this picture of the chickens heckling the rabbits. The chickens are free, but the rabbits have all the yummy food. Funny.

3 comments:

emily a. said...

You have bunnies now? Tommy must be in heaven with all of your animals. I'm certain Sage would trade us in to come live with you in a minute.

The picture of the 2 playing together is adorable.

Katrina said...

I knew just from reading the title of this post that I would agree completely.

Kim said...

Seriously! Motherhood has been so intense this year that I was honestly wondering if I had anger management issues or was just bipolar?