Monday, May 7, 2012

11 months

Cali is 11 months old.  It is amazing how much she has experienced in such a short time.

She is 17.5lb and 27 inches.  She waves hello and goodbye.  She grunts like a monkey and toys with the screaming mechanism on her voice.  She is generally a goofball and likes to entertain us.  She is always joy.

Oh and I think her on/off switch is starting to go away.  On that note, I found something I wrote in my journal about her hemangioma when she was about four months or so.  I feel the same now so I thought I would share.

“It has been interesting having a baby with what some might call a blemish.  I realize what a ridiculous statement that is when you think of the truly disfigured children that are born and what a trial that is.  However, this is my baby, and these are my thoughts thus far.

It is amazing to me that for someone who has struggled with accepting my own physical imperfections, I hardly notice hers.  Sometimes I forget she has her strawberry.  Other times, I don’t even see it.  I just think she is literally the most gorgeous, perfect creature to ever drool on the planet.  The only time I ever really think about it is if I am worrying about it causing medical problems somewhere down the line.  Maybe I would feel differently if I knew it wouldn’t go away, but I like to think that I wouldn’t. I guess it boils down to love: true love is beauty.”
 Dog stats:  yes, there is a story but not for today...this is Sophie, age 4+, former peace corp household dog, gentle, non-bitter, non-jumper, non chewer...we like her.
 
 
Thomas for a fun frame of reference...both in Africa.

Cali and her African bucket

 

Tommy and his African bucket


T bone







4 comments:

AndreaF said...

I am a silent lurker- I have been following your blog for some time. I just love hearing about your adventures! That little Thomas is quite the kid. I love hearing his latest thoughts and adventures. What a guy. Anyway- Seth knows me, I am Jared Clavin's sister and a long time family friend of the Sherry's. Keep up all the great stories! Love them!

Anonymous said...

i love her so much i can't stand it! i wish you guys weren't on the other side of the world.
-L

Matt said...

She is so cute.....I love the comparison pictures. Can't wait to spend some quality time with her some day soon!

Ditto Family said...

DITTO! DITTO!!! Too far away, I love her, love the comparison pics, love hearing your feelings about her strawberry (or was it a raspberry)? Miss you guys!